Monday, August 15, 2011

Unrepentant Tree Hugger

I've spent the last few days in San Francisco. I'm not going to lie-- if I could pack up and move tomorrow, I probably would. It is a magic place. Within 45 minutes you can go from city with non-stop cultural opportunities to woods that are nothing short of fairy tale amazing. I think it's safe to say that I kind of fell in love. The city inspires you to be a better person and member of the planet. That may sound like a massive overstatement to some, but for me it's the simple truth. While there you see how easy it is to live as a responsible member of the planet-- composting, organic, recycling, etc-- are all common place and in fact expected throughout the city.
And then, then there's the outdoors. Holy cow! It is spectacular!! The coast, the woods, the hills and mountains all inspire me to MOVE and oddly to be still and know that there is something far greater than me ( I say God,) at work in the universe. Oh man, I am such a hippy. I can run, but I can not hide from my inherent nature, thank goodness :)
San Francisco and the surrounding area inspired me to be a healthier me and an even more adventurous me. It inspired me to become more proactive in my approach to being a citizen of this planet. I can't change the world, but I can impact my corner and I plan to.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've never been, but from one hippy to another ... I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta go!! Not sure if Virgin America comes into/out of you area, but if so check their prices. They have great rates from Ft Lauderdale direct to SF and it's a good airline to boot!

    ReplyDelete