Thursday, February 2, 2012

Friends and Partners

Today, as a few of my friends can attest, I was a whiny baby. I went out with friends last night, had a couple of margaritas and a fantastic time, but stayed up too late and as a result, was dragging butt today. And for some weird reason, I was achy all over. All that to say it was a day when I rather than thinking, "I get to run today!" I was thinking, "Crap, I have to run today."
With the help of the above mentioned friends and their harassment (It was suggested I start using a pacifier) I managed to convince myself that I needed to get over it and go run. And so I did and you know what? It really wasn't as terrible as I had anticipated. My aches feel better too. I did four miles alternating between walking and running. I ran more at a stretch than I have in a while and felt pretty good doing so. There appears to be progress and that delights me. Without my man to encourage me on and my friends to harass me into better behavior, this journey to the half wouldn't be half as much fun. Thank you my love and thank you my peeps!
Here's the post run pic of the night. we're ridiculous. It's why I like him...well that and another reason, but that's private ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment