Saturday, January 29, 2011

Biggest pain in the ass yet

Friday was supposed to be day 3 of week 3, but pain postponed day 3 to today. I'm not sure if taking an extra day in between sessions was the cause or what, but this morning's session was a royal pain in the ass, body rather. I felt like an old car with no shocks. Each step was jarring-- my back, my thighs, my calves. AND my toes hurt from breaking in new tennis shoes. Why I chose to wear them when I knew I'd be playing a person who would make me run all over, is beyond me. AND (yes, there's another whiny statement coming) AND, I got a stitch in my side. Today is the first day I've gotten a stitch since the first week. Remember that previous post when I said my next goal was to stop scowling when I ran? Yeah, didn't happen today. Didn't realize how badly till I got home and saw the look on my face in this pic. Click on it to get the full glory of the scowl. I look a bit like an angry yet wary squirrel. Kinda felt that way too.
But! I did it. I finished day 3 of week 3. Scowl on my face, hissing profanities, chanting weird songs in a loop in my head to keep a rhythm, I finished.


Going backward, here's a photo from the start of the session. I like it because you can't see the scowl, but you can see the pretty park.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, you are my hero! Keep at it girl. You're inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Jane! Than you for saying that. If I can do finish this, I'll feel like a hero. Sounds melodramatic, I know, but it's true. Its such a small thing for so many people, but for me it really is a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing small about it at all. It certainly would be a big deal for me as well. My problem has always been following something through to the end. I get easily distracted or bored whatever. Rarely do I find the will power or whatever it is that is required to finish just for the sake of finishing. That's why you're inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete