Friday, January 21, 2011

Conundrum

This morning I said, "We have to run today." Kurt corrected me and replied "We GET to run today." Oddly, I find I agree with his correction. I am actually looking forward to being able to run. Or rather, I was looking forward to being able to run until I realized we would either be running in the rain (forecast for today suggests a deluge for the remainder of the day/evening) or have to use the treadmills at our city gym.


I'm not fond of being in the rain. A light sprinkle, while do-able, will inevitably start to grate on my nerves. A heavy rain will, for me, be miserable. Kurt asks, "Will you melt?" Well, no. No I will not melt, but I may have a melt down if I have to run in the rain. 


So use the treadmills, you say? Here's the thing: I hate treadmills. For some weird reason when I get off of the treadmill, I get motion sick. While running, I'm fine, but as soon as I stop the world spins. Oh and the gym smells. AND there are often strange people vying for the machines. I'm certain these people are the reason for the terrible smell. Ha.


So, what to do? Potentially aggravate the hell out of myself by running in the rain or risk hurling from motion sickness and stench brought on by the treadmill and the gym? Or skip day 3, stay in and drink wine? 


Just as I finished typing this a text came in from Kurt in response to my thoughts about the rain. Here it is: You want to try to be better or you wanna whine like a little baby???


He's joking. I hope.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Jane! I figured it out. :-) Yes, we ran. No rain and a gorgeous sunset to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you were able to run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you ran! Thinking about a run is usually much harder for me than actually doing it. It is currently about 10 degrees here, so I'm doing a lot of thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad too! I suspect I'd feel very loser-ish had I not run on Friday. Really trying to avoid the loser-ish feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem with treadmills but it beats freezing my cheeks (both sets) off! Glad you got to run!

    ReplyDelete