Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two Weeks In

I survived the first week. Not only did I survive, I trained when I really, really did not feel like it. That may seem so insignificant to whoever might be reading this, but to me, it's pretty big. As I said, I am not a fan of pushing myself. This program is as much about convincing myself, proving to myself that I can push through as it is about getting fit.
The 3rd day of the first week I prayed for rain. I did not want to go out there and move. Thankfully, I have a great partner in this endeavor who got me moving. I have to admit, when day 3 was over, I was pretty impressed with myself. Overwhelmed by the expectations of the coming weeks, but pretty proud and just a little hopeful that I might be able to pull this off.
Starting the second week and what I've learned thus far is this: 
1) The boobage needs serious support and there is no shame in doubling up the bras. One compression bra and one high support sports bra seems to do the trick nicely. What can I say? I do not like bounce.
2) Shoes! When it comes to jogging, shoes are all about function, not form. I am now the proud owner of what are perhaps the ugliest cross trainers EVER. I don't care. I feel good when I jog in them. (when I find my camera I'll post pics.)
3) Even when you don't want to jog, do it. I feel so proud of myself post session. 

So, that's my scoop. All words of wisdom and encouragement are welcome!

1 comment: