Thursday, January 20, 2011

Forget fashion, I need Function

As I said to my friend Jana (who is also participating in the Couch to 5K program and who is also blogging her journey, which you can follow here) its amazing how little fashion matters once you start to hurt a bit. When it comes to running, I do not care what I look like. I care only about how I feel. Which led me to purchase what I consider the worlds ugliest cross trainers. And I'm ok with wearing them in public even though when I do I look like the dorkiest dork of them all. Suddenly comfort seriously trumps fashion.
Given I'm on about function and keeping pain to a minimum, I'd like to share some items others might find helpful.  A friend of mine who runs regularly suggested both this brand of bra and this one. I have yet to try either, but I trust her judgment. For the moment I am wearing my Target compression bra underneath my Target High Performance (or something like that) sports bra. Classy, yes? Whatever, they get the job done and keep the tas from feeling like they will disconnect from my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment