Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The countdown is on

Today marks the 2nd day of week 9, the final week. I have one more day to go, Friday, and I will have officially completed the couch to 5K program. It looks like I'm really going to finish this! And not only finish the program, but keep going. Today I ran 3 miles for the second time, ever. . Wooooooooo! The first 3 miles wasn't a fluke. I can really run for 3 miles at a time. FYI:  I ran the second 3 miles in just about 32 minutes. I nearly died, but I did it.
A little aside here-- Metallica's Enter Sandman is pretty good to run to. That seems almost weirdly sacrilegious-- way too healthy a pursuit for Metallica---but it's true.  
So two countdowns have begun. The first-- Friday, the day the couch to 5k program is officially complete. The second,April 2nd, the day of my first official 5k race. 
I'm so ridiculously excited. I want Friday and April 2nd to all happen right now! I want to do it and then...what? That's what I'm starting to work out. Will I simply continue to run 3 miles, 3 times a week or will I start to train for something more? I can't shake this idea that one day I'll run a half marathon, but I'm not totally convinced. One thing I know, I will continue to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment