Friday, March 11, 2011

It's official

Today is the 3rd day of week 9 of the couch to 5k program-- the last day. It's official-- I can run a 5k. Maybe I don't run 3.1 miles with a whole lot of grace and style, but I get it done. And you know what? The grace part is coming. My posture is getting better, my movement is sometimes smooth and every now and then I realize I'm not scowling while I'm running. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a runner, but I'm getting there and I will continue to run. There are days that are stupidly challenging and days that make me feel so incredibly proud of myself as well as just plain stoked. This has been good. This is good for me. I gave myself a challenge and I did it.
I registered for my first 5k today. It will take place on April 2nd. It still feels surreal-- me, running a 5k. I love it.
And oh yeah, happy birthday to me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment