Thursday, March 31, 2011

Race Packet

I got my first race packet today! Ok, so I understand that a number and a t-shirt aren't the height of excitement to most people, but those items are pretty cool to me. I mean, I have a race number! A few months ago I never would have believed I'd have the pleasure (nor would I have thought of it as a pleasure) of pinning a race number to my shirt and running with a pack. I'm dorky, I know it, but I find it incredibly cool.

ONE day left and it's race day!!! The race doesn't start till 5:30 PM Saturday. I have no idea what I'll do with myself the first half of that day. Should I just relax? Stay active? The only things I know I'll do are 1) stretch and 2) try really hard no to hyperventilate.

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't play tennis or do anything active. You wouldn't want to injure yourself with hours to go before the first race.

    Maybe do something to keep you occupied, but not exercise? Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to move or I'll feel like a slug by race time. I'll probably do something easy like walk the dog and go to the park. And lots of stretching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how I found your blog but I could see myself in your first week. I haven't really started C25K yet (plan to soon). I have done 3 - 5K's since Feb 19th. Mostly walking 48min, 45min, 42min. I sign up for another one before I run the next, that way I can't stop.

    As for your race tomorrow, you'll do great!! When you have the other runners around you and your in the moment, you'll have a faster time.

    Remember to have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anonymous, thanks for commenting and for your words of encouragement! I'm going to try to remember to enjoy the moment :)
    Keep in touch and when you start the C25K let me know how it works for you. I truly enjoy hearing (reading too) about other's experiences, especially experiences of new runners like me.

    ReplyDelete