Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Excitement and Just maybe unstuck

So excited I can hardly stand it. TWO more days to get through and it's race day!! For this evening's run I did 3.1 miles in honor of the upcoming big day. My time was a little slower than my previous run, but as I said in an earlier post-- I'm still sorting out just what normal or average is for me. According to my Run Keeper (which I love, by the way) I did 3.1 miles in 33:14 with a 10:42 average min/mile. 10:30 has been my recent best. I'm thinking I'll settle in somewhere around 10:20-10:30. Once I do, I'll try to kick it up a notch.

But anyway! I don't really care about that right now. All I care about is getting my race packet tomorrow and running my race. Is it totally goofy to be giddy about getting my first race packet? Whether it is or not, I am.  Here's the really silly bit-- I don't even know what a race packet consists of. I don't care either. It's my first and marks a milestone.

I'm thinking I won't run again until race day. In the meantime I'll stretch, a lot. 

Oh and hey, I started a new job a week and a half ago. I wonder, am I finally becoming unstuck?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're giddy! I can't wait to read what you're feeling AFTER the 5k! I know I literally floated on a cloud for 2 days and I couldn't even run the whole thing! :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! I'll probably be exhausted-- more from all of my hepped up craziness than the run itself! Have to remind myself to slow down, pace myself and try to enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete