Thursday, April 14, 2011

And so she walked and became envious. Ha.

For the last few days I've been trying to let my knee/leg rest. Yes, leg too. Sheesh. Anyway, I'm not the kind of person who can come home at the end of the day and just sit. I don't like it. I don't want to waste my days doing nothing. Doing nothing makes me really grumpy.  If I'm going to rest though,  I can't run and I can't play tennis. So what's a girl to do? Head to the beach!
It was gorgeous out! I sat close to the water's edge and listened to the waves while the sun soaked into me. I felt soothed and restful until...
I glanced up at the broadwalk and saw all the runners. They were every where! Big guys, little tiny women, in pairs and singles-- runners all over the place. "Look at them out there RUNNING--showing off their uninjured legs. Bastards." Yeah, I really did. I'm not going to lie. I had this moment of pure envy wherein I would have done a lot to ensure this pain went away and I could run again right that moment. Good thing in S Florida we have beaches and not crossroads.
Anyway, I got over it-- sort of. I looked back out at the beach, while having a beer (beer helps) took a deep breath and resigned myself to simply walking for a short while. A short while. I will make my body behave and I will soon be out playing tennis and running again. That's the happy thought and that's what I'm sticking with.

4 comments:

  1. well, and then you see the guy in the electric wheel chair and suddenly resting for a week or two ain't to bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...showing off their uninjured legs. Bastards." That's awesome, I've totally been there. ;)

    Here's to a quick recovery! *clinks Mai Tai to beer*

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're awesome. Totally true life :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, True. BUT some things in life are relative and while I do feel like a brat for complaining in light of his/her condition, it is what it is and I do feel grumpy and annoyed by my own situation.
    Dave, Cheers to that!!
    Sarah, Not awesome just cursed (blessed?) with a need to be compulsively honest :)

    ReplyDelete