Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Getting Better All the Time

I played tennis (lower level doubles, not a lot of running) on Sunday morning. It felt soooooooo good to be out in the sun, moving and being generally goofy. I had no leg pain while playing and none after. That told me it was time to go for a little run and see what would happen.
I haven't been out in a week and my leg might still be wonky (yes, I call it wonky) so I decided to take it easy and only run for maybe a mile and a half.  I did a mile and a half and made pretty good time, or at least it felt like I did. I'd know for sure but RunKeeper blipped out on me for some unknown reason. Regardless, it felt like I was keeping up a pretty good clip. All this time I was worried if I took more than a couple of days off I'd lose something from my running stamina bank. To the contrary-- I felt energized and faster.
I did have some leg pain, but not in my knee. Same weird groin area discomfort popped up and a come and go tweak in the outside of my right hip annoyed me periodically, but that's it.
The plan is to try to strengthen my legs while continuing to play tennis (it's an addiction) and running at least twice a week (another addiction). Here's hoping all goes well and there are no further set backs because I gotta tell you, I get a little excitable when I don't have a physical outlet. I sort of thrum with unused energy and if that energy doesn't find an outlet, Lord knows what I'll get up to.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE reading about your healing process! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete