Friday, February 18, 2011

Hormones suck

I'm so eloquent, yes? Here's a little peek into my world-- hormones and running = BAD.  Yes, I'm pms'ing in a big way-- emotional, headache, the usual. On top of that, I have a weird pain in my stomach. No clue what brought it on or what it is, but it arrived an hour or so before we were scheduled to run. 
So, there I was in all my physical and mental distress getting ready to run my first 25 minutes. I decided to listen to an audio story by Neil Gaiman called Harlequin Valentine, which I think helped a lot. There's something about Mr. Gaiman's voice that I find very soothing and I really needed soothing. Anyway, on came the story and off I went. I started off mentally and physically so-so, but when I looked at my watch and saw I'd run for only 16 minutes and had 9 minutes to go, I deflated quite a bit. That's really a serious understatement. At that moment I thought I might die before I completed the remaining 9 minutes, but I kept going. Damn, did I. Even though I was hurting and I was tired and I was seriously thinking I might throw up (YAY for being a girl and having hormones. read that with sarcasm.) I didn't slow down. I didn't quit. GO ME!
So this 25 minutes was pretty awful, but because I did so well last week, I know it's due to the way I was feeling today (right? has to be!) and not my lack of ability. And so, I'm not totally discouraged. I am, however, really glad to have today's session over.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing you did it considering you had a great excuse not to. You frigging GO girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? Normally I'd dip and feel justified doing so, but I did it and it feels good. Ok, the accomplishment feels good. The actual doing? Not so much. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete