Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wine and Lungs

This evening's session is complete, Zeppelin's playing, wine has been poured and dinner is made. *Insert massive contented sigh here* Frankly, I think the contentment is due more to the wine than a sense of accomplishment for having completed day 2 of week 4. I think attempting to run is contributing to my wine addiction. I so look forward to a post run glass of wine....or two. If that's wrong I don't really care, so don't tell me.


Biggest improvement thus far: My lungs. Today my lungs did their job and did it efficiently. The run times are longer and the walk times between runs shorter, but I'm not huffing and puffing like I was the first couple of weeks. I really thought if anything would prevent me from doing this it would be my piss poor respiratory system, but this evening proved my assumption false. I'm a little in awe of the improvement and I have to confess it gives me confidence. Yep, there's the little glimmer of confidence creeping in. A little voice telling me I may not be all talk and I just might really pull this off in 9 weeks. 


Also, (here's an example of just how optimistic I'm letting myself become) we've chosen our first 5K. The date is April 2nd. Wowee-Freaking-Kazowee.


Thought to ponder: Can I be a wino and have good cardio? 

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Michelle! And yes, wine is good for your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Including my own, that's two votes yes :-)

    ReplyDelete