Friday, February 11, 2011

I WIN!

I just kicked ass and ran my first 20 minutes!! I put my mp3 player on, I set the timer on my phone and I began to run. My head was full of self doubt (where does that crap come from?) and my body felt sluggish, but I put one foot in front of the other and I ran. The first half sucked--I wasn't comfortable mentally or physically-- but something changed in the second half. It was like my body settled into itself. I didn't hurt anymore and my rhythm felt good. When I thought the 20 minute mark was near, I checked the timer to see how much longer I had to go. When I saw I only had 2:25 seconds left I thought I would explode with excitement. Nickelback came on (don't judge!) and I kicked up the pace. I ran those last 2 minutes and 25 seconds and it felt good. When we finished, I nearly cried. How goofy is that? I was (and AM) so freaking proud of me, of us. I've had perma-grin ever since.
I just might, maybe, could happen, turn into a runner after all.

1 comment: