Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Inspiring my son = Pretty kick ass

Today was our 3rd day of running 25 minutes and other than a couple of encounters with a rogue dog, it went pretty well. While I'm really proud of having completed day 2 of week 7, I am nearly giddy with delight because my son has decided to do the couch to 5K program as well. 
About a week ago he called and told me because of the success Kurt and I have had with the program, he too was going to give it a try. He said he was impressed with what I had done up to that point. Shane and I have always had a good relationship. He seriously is one of my most favorite people. I've never been able to figure out how I helped create such a smart, funny, caring and very cool human being. To know that I've had a part in inspiring him to take his health a little more seriously and get a little more fit, wow. It feels really, really good. Imagine me with a big goofy grin because that's what's plastered on my face when I think of it. One day in the not too distant future, I hope we will run a race together. *Yeeeeeeeeeeee!* So cool.
He called me Monday night and again tonight to tell me of his experience with days 1 and 2 of week 1. I love that he not only wants to share what his experience has been, but that he wants to hear about mine as well. I'm a happy and very proud mom.

2 comments:

  1. This is the height of awesomeness.
    Oh, I am am THIS CLOSE to bringing my sneakers in to work to start this program myself.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO it! Seriously check around work or at a running store and look for a partner. It really helps. And how awesome would it be to set that example for Charlie at such an early age?

    ReplyDelete