Saturday, February 5, 2011

Best day yet!

Day 3 of week 4 complete and it was the best day yet. I felt good while running. When each run rotation was finished I felt like I could keep going, which is a first. I'm really, really hoping that sticks around for next week when we have to up our run time rotations to 8 minutes. Could all of that wine last night have been the reason? Wouldn't that be great? What I do attribute my success to is the change of location. Thus far we've done each session at the same park and while its a nice park, I am pretty ADD and needed a change. Today we opted for Tree Tops Park:
I have always loved this park. It's a tranquil little bit of what Florida used to be hidden away in suburbia. We used a mix of dirt trails and paved paths today and for me that made all the difference. I was focused on each foot fall and not tripping (yes, I'm a clutz and easily manage to trip over my own feet on a smooth surface) rather than how much longer I had to run. Funny how I get so easily distracted in normal, every day life but when I have to run a certain length of time I can hone in on and rather obsessively focus on how long I've been running. Go figure.  Thankfully, today was so different. I felt energized by the environment and my body felt good. I didn't think about the time, just moving forward and the world around me. I am a well oiled machine! Ok, maybe not quite, but I'm getting there.

It was different for Kurt. Today he had a day like I did when I wrote my Biggest Pain in the Ass Yet post. Thank God we don't have those days at the same time. If we did, we'd just snarl and growl. We'd have to hire a cheerleader. Could get costly. So far we've been fortunate in this regard. We've taken turns having bad days. Here's hoping it stays that way.
I really need to take a moment and give Kurt the props he's due. Were it not for him, I doubt I'd have stuck with this. He has been an amazing encouragement to me. I can not adequately articulate just how deeply thankful I am for his support. Ok, let's hear a collective "awwwwwwwwwww!"

2 comments:

  1. It is great you two are supporting each other. I wish I could find a partner but suspect I'll be tread milling it alone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. See if someone you know (or even just someone in your area) is interested in starting the program. Its absolutely do-able on your own, but I have found its way easier with a partner.

    ReplyDelete