Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Soooooo, we did it! I had this weird anxiety approaching the session this evening. I felt like my legs or my lungs or something would just stop and I'd fail to complete the rotation. Thankfully, I have a great partner. He kept telling me I could do it while giving me the freedom to repeat a week. I need that. The moment I feel anything or anyone is telling me I must do something, I rebel and quit. 


And so yes, we did it. Wow. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't fun. At about the 3:30 mark of the second round of 5 minute jogs, I started questioning my reasoning for wanting to do this. Actually, I starting questioning the sanity of wanting to do this and the sanity of anyone, ever, running anywhere for anything other than their life. Even running for ones life was in question at that point. 


While I was really proud of myself and of Kurt, post session I didn't have that same sense of hope I've had with with previous sessions. If anything, it made me further question my ability to keep it up for an additional 15 minutes. I'm a pretty active, low body weight person and this is tough. I can't imagine really going from couch to 5K. 


How long do you have to run to get a runner's high? All I have felt thus far is dizzy. I'd really like that high I keep hearing about.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm so in awe that you guys are doing this :-D One day I may follow in your footsteps, but probably not, so I will follow you on this blog and hopefully be able to cheer you on when you run and continue to enter into marathons long after this is completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Simone!! I"m kind of in awe myself. And believe me, if I can do this you can too...if you want to. And please do cheer us on!!

    ReplyDelete