Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh, Oh holy cow! I know my next goal

It may seem ridiculous to start planning my next goal, but as a friend recently told me, its fun to check things off of your list. Well, to get to the checking off part, I need to make a list, yes? 
So, first item on the list:
Run a 5K. 
Second:
Run another 5K and beat my previous time.
Third: (and here's where insanity and mayhem come in)
Run something like this Rugged Maniac 5K. Reading its description got me jazzed up! Truly, they had me at, "Not for the faint of heart, frail of body, or weak of mind, the Rugged Maniac 5K was designed with the assistance of Navy SEALs to push your limits and determine how rugged you truly are." I'm not sure I can run for a full 20 minutes yet, but wow, one day in the not too distant future, I'd really like to give an adventure run a try. I have one more thing to motivate me and propel me forward. 
A little side note here: I can not believe the idea of doing something like this excites me, but it does. What's happening to me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment